Tabby’s Place rescues cats from hopeless situations.
We embrace the neediest cats regardless of age, most medical issues, or temperament, making us a harbor of hope for the most desperate. Most of our cats go on to be adopted; but those who aren’t find a loving home for life at Tabby’s Place.
What makes us unique?
- Special Needs cats are the heart and soul of Tabby’s Place. We do not choose cats based on “adoptability,” so we are a haven for those cats who nobody else could take. At any given time, 30-40% of our kitties have chronic conditions like diabetes, heart disease and paraplegia. We’re honored to cherish these brave cats exactly as they are.
- Extraordinary medical care is the norm for Tabby’s Place cats. We promise each cat that, once she’s a Tabby’s Place kitty, she will receive all the medical care she needs to thrive, regardless of cost.
- Our cage-free sanctuary is a uniquely nurturing environment. We provide the tenderness, patience and personalized care cats need to trust people, whatever their past. Our building was designed from the ground up to meet cats’ needs and delight their senses with bright, open suites; continuous fresh air; and safe access to outdoor solaria.
- Personal devotion guides us in finding the best outcome for every cat in our care. For most of our residents, this means adoption into a loving home. For others, this means a joyful haven for life at Tabby’s Place. For the Community Cats in our Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program, love looks like a well cared-for life in an outdoor colony.
- Love and grace characterize our interactions with everyone who enters Tabby’s Place, feline or otherwise. We strive to treat each person and cat with respect, compassion, and generosity of spirit. The phrase “Tabby’s Place family” isn’t a cliche; our donors, volunteers, staff and cats are a true community of love.