After reviewing the information in Step 1, you have determined that you really do need to give up your cat and you're looking for help. Presumably you want to find a place where your cat can live out his or her life or, even better, be adopted into a loving home. We will give our best advice on accomphsing this. Be forewarned that this is not an easy task. Patience and fortitude will be your best allies.
Below are our suggestions for places to look to find a suitable home for your cat. They are listed in decreasing order of desiranility.
- Friends, neighbors, relatives
- Start by asking people you know. Your relationships with them should help and you will know that your cat is in good hands.
- Be sure to have lots of photos to show people who haven't seen your cat.
- Your veterinarian
- Your vet may have ideas or contacts that are useful in your search.
- The Petfinder web site
- Petfinder is a wondereful online resource that you can use to search for shelters and rescues in your area.
- You can also post an "ad" for your cat in hopes of finding a suitable home.
- Tabby's Place
- Please read our Public Intake Policy to see whether Tabby's Place makes sense for your needs.